<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Books By White Feather - Indie Authors - Resources For Writers - Site Feed
The Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce

A recluse living in the Rocky Mountains with his dog, Shawnee, White Feather tells stories that lead us back to the primal joy of our existence. His philosophical and metaphysical essays push the envelope of our perspectives while grounding us to the feelings that connect us with our source. With insight and feeling, White Feather shares his journey through the shift in consciousness the world is going through, compelling us to look at our own journey. To discuss White Feather's writings and other philosophical and metaphysical subjects with others, visit White Feather Forum.
Stories and Columns by White Feather

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Ramble #9 

by White Feather

I lean towards the maxim, Everything is an illusion. It's a notion I found quite disagreeable years ago but I have slowly warmed up to it. Reality is about perception. How we perceive things is how we create our reality. Since our perceptions are fluid and constantly changing, reality, too, is fluid and constantly changing. To define something as real is an attempt to stop the natural movement of our perceptions and make something absolute. One of my favorite Philip sayings is, "The only absolute truth is that there are no absolute truths."

You can hold up a rock and say, "This rock is absolute. We can measure it, weigh it, photograph it, and we can test it for its mineral contents." We can define the rock but it is not absolute because our definition of the rock is only our perception from the vibratory frequency we are operating in. In a different vibratory frequency that rock may not look like a rock at all. Heck, it may be a living, breathing being, or part of one. In other vibratory frequencies that rock could take on the appearance of a tree or a tractor. And then there is the entire universe within that rock....

Defining our reality is limiting our creative ability for we create our realities within the parameters we set for ourselves. The more we define and proclaim absolute, the more we restrict our movement. If there are no absolute truths then, to me, there's no point in searching for absolute truths. Instead of defining my reality and making it absolute I concentrate on the creative aspect of creating my own reality.

"What can I create if I drop my belief in this truth? Or that truth?" "What can I create if I moved my perceptions to new less limiting perceptions?" "If I dropped my belief in struggle as a truth will it help me create a reality without struggle?" Instead of finding and defining truths I go through the house getting rid of all the truths I can find. I want no truths to limit me and slow me down and keep me out of the flow. I want to enjoy the illusion and get everything out of it that I can, knowing that I am creating it and that it is changing with each breath I take.

Copyright © 2004, by White Feather. All Rights Reserved.
Comment here: Readers and Writers Forum

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?